What Are Occasional Invaders?
As the name suggests, occasional invaders are those insects or pests that sporadically enter our homes. They usually move inside, seeking shelter from unsuitable (hot, cold, wet) living conditions that have developed outside. Occasional invaders don’t typically breed inside; they just use our homes as a respite.
Some of the most common occasional invaders of our Northwest Arkansas home include the following:
- Pill bugs
- Box elder bugs
- Millipedes and centipedes
- Carpet beetles, Japanese beetles, and Asian beetles
Are Occasional Invaders Dangerous?
Occasional invaders that move into our homes cause little damage to the structure, and don't pose significant health risks. However, they often migrate inside in large numbers, becoming a big annoyance. Occasional invaders and other pests don’t belong in our homes whether they are dangerous or not. They can spread bacteria to surfaces and contaminate food sources.
Why Do I Have An Occasional Invader Problem?
An occasional invader infestation is often the symptom of a larger problem in or around your home that you need to address. If what has allowed occasional invaders in your home isn’t fixed, there is the potential for other, more dangerous, and destructive pests to move inside. Things like gaps or other openings in your home’s structure, cracks in the foundation, gaps under doors, and spaces around utilities will allow occasional invaders into your home.
Leaky pipes, roof damage, or openings around windows or doors allow water to seep into your home and cause damage. Many occasional invaders have high moisture needs; therefore, high humidity levels and pooling water attracts them and other pests to your home.
Where Will I Find Occasional Invaders?
Outside occasional invaders often live in damp areas in mulch, flowerbeds, gardens, and under landscaping ties, trash cans, or woodpiles. Since occasional invaders often live outside near your house, it is easy for them to find a gap and move into our homes. Once inside, they move into naturally damp areas like basements, crawlspaces, laundry rooms, utility rooms, and bathrooms. They hide under things like cardboard boxes, under folded linens or towels, in walls voids near water pipes, and under sinks, or behind tubs.
Occasional invaders don’t belong in our Northwest Arkansas homes any time of the year for any reason. Get occasional invaders out of your house and keep them out with the help of the experts at Rumble Pest Solutions of Arkansas. Our modern and effective pest control solutions will rid your home of pests, protecting your family, your house, and the environment from their dangers and damages.
We want to give you peace of mind in knowing your most important assets are being protected! To learn more about our effective residential and commercial pest control solutions, reach out to Rumble Pest Solutions of Arkansas today!
How Can I Prevent Occasional Invaders In The Future?
The following tips will help you prevent occasional invaders from taking over your home:
- Ensure your yard has proper drainage and gutters are working correctly to keep water from pooling around your house.
- Remove clutter like leaves and woodpiles from your yard where occasional invaders can hide.
- Eliminate clutter like boxes and piles of paper to reduce hiding spots inside your home.
- Use dehumidifiers inside basements and other damp areas to reduce moisture levels.
- Make sure kitchens and bathrooms are well ventilated to prevent excess moisture from building up in your house.
- Seal the cracks in your home’s exterior walls and foundation to keep occasional invaders out.
- Seal spaces around window and door frames.
- Vacuum your home thoroughly and often to eliminate any stray occasional invaders that do find a way inside.
Call us today our Springdale, AK location (479) 349-2560, Springfield, MO Location (417) 551-6081, or our Jefferson City, MO Location 573-508-0277
“We absolutely love the company!”