What Are Bed Bugs?
Blood-feeding insects that are mainly active at night, bed bugs are unwanted pests that often find their way into our homes and businesses. Bed bugs are small oval insects that are usually chestnut-brown and flattened from top to bottom. These pests have adapted to mainly living indoors with people because our blood is their preferred food source.
Are Bed Bugs Dangerous?
The act of bed bugs feeding on us is usually painless, but those allergic to the protein found in their saliva will develop a red, irritating, itchy rash. However, many people are not allergic to bed bug saliva and show no reaction to the bites, which can make identifying a bed bug infestation difficult.
The bed bug can acquire diseases through the feeding process but typically isn't able to pass those diseases to a new host. Currently, the spread of diseases by bed bugs isn't a huge concern, but still, you should never ignore them because you'll end up with a massive infestation on your hands very quickly.
Why Do I Have a Bed Bug Problem?
You have a bed bug problem because they were introduced into your home unknowingly by you, a family member, friend, or on something like a mattress, piece of luggage, rug, or piece of upholstered furniture. The bed bug's primary mode of transportation is hitchhiking. They can crawl onto us or our belongings and into a new environment without us ever noticing because of their flat body and dark color.
We can come into contact with bed bugs while traveling (airports, hotels, cruise ships), working (office buildings, hospitals, schools), or while out having fun (shopping centers, movie theaters, museums, amusement parks). You can find these pests anywhere that people come and go.
Where Will I Find Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are nocturnal and remain hidden during the day, emerging at night to feed. After finding their way into our homes, they move to areas that put them closest to us like our bedrooms, living rooms, or dens. Bed bug hiding places include the following:
- Seams of mattresses, box springs, and upholstered furniture
- Cracks in walls or wooden furniture
- Behind outlets and in electronics
- Under piles of dirty clothes and other clutter
- Under rugs or carpets
- Behind wall hangings or in drawers
Eliminate bed bugs and keep them from returning with the help of the experts at Rumble Pest Solutions of Arkansas and our modern and effective pest control solutions. Our bed bug control services include a thorough inspection, liquid treatment, and a 90-day warranty!
At Rumble Pest Solutions of Arkansas, our mission is to protect your family, your home, and the environment. We want to give you peace of mind in knowing your most important assets are being protected! To learn more about our effective residential and commercial bed bug control solutions, reach out to us today!
How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In The Future?
The following tips will help you to prevent bed bugs from taking over your home:
- Keep your belongings (coats, bags, purses) up off the ground as much as possible when spending time in public places.
- If you do laundry in a laundry mat, always bring your own baskets and take your laundry home to fold. Don't let it sit around in the laundry mat.
- Always inspect your hotel room before moving your belongings inside.
- Check over secondhand furniture, electronics, mattresses, or clothing for signs of bed bugs before bringing them into your home.
- If possible, avoid purchasing used mattresses and furniture.
- Place protective covers on mattresses and box springs located in your home to eliminate a favorite hiding spot for these pests.
- Regularly wash and dry bedding on the highest heat setting possible.
Call us today our Springdale, AK location (479) 349-2560, Springfield, MO Location (417) 551-6081, or our Jefferson City, MO Location 573-508-0277
“The technicians are always timely and professional. They are thorough and pleasant to deal with. They do a good job with treating the yard, eaves, and the inside of the house.”